Thirty marketers have been selected to take part in this year’s UK Scholarship programme, which aims to prepare emerging leaders to take on senior and board- level roles.
The Marketing Academy has unveiled the list of marketing executives selected for its coveted 2021 Scholarship programme.
Now in its 12th year in the UK, the Scholarship once again hit a record number of applications, with over 700 marketers from brands, media owners and agencies nominated for just 30 places. The free programme is designed to develop the skills of these marketers and prepare them to take on senior and board-level roles.
This year the Scholarship is funded by partners KFC, ITV, Mars Wrigley, BT, Salesforce, PHD and Accenture Interactive. It will include one-to-one mentoring with board-level executives including John Lewis & Partners’ customer director Martin George, Nando’s CMO Sarah Warby, Telefonica O2 CMO Nina Bibby and Unilever global growth operations officer Debora Koyama.
In addition to the mentoring, Scholars are each assigned an executive coach, attend residential ‘Boot Camps’ and masterclasses, and complete learning modules in leadership.
“Every year we find ourselves in awe of the quality of talent in the UK, but the record number and calibre of applications this year made the final decisions extremely challenging for our selection panel,” says The Marketing Academy’s founder and global CEO, Sherilyn Shackell.
“As tough as it was, we’re thrilled with the outcome and cannot wait to start working with this fabulous cohort at their first Boot Camp in June.”
This year, each Scholar will also be able to invite 10 people to enrol in The Marketing Academy Virtual Campus. Launched in January, the development programme has over 4,600 people enrolled around the world.‘I thought it would be a one-year thing’: Inside the launch of The Marketing Academy
The 30 marketers enrolled in the 2021 UK Scholarship are:
- Alexa Dalton, global brand director, Kind
- Alison Owen, seasons, gifting and Galaxy UK portfolio director, Mars Wrigley
- Amy Smith, regional marketing director, Europe, Les Mills
- Bart Quinton Smith, director of digital marketing and CRM, TUI UK and Ireland
- Brian Bené, associate strategy director, Bow & Arrow, Part of Accenture Interactive
- Cherie Cunningham, head of marketing, UKTV
- Chloe Painter, Prime brand and mass advertising lead, EU, Amazon
- Chris Anstey, content marketing manager, ITV
- Christina Lindquist, global head of marketing, Brompton Bicycle
- Demi Abiola, business director, PHD Media
- Emma-Jane Lacey, head of digital marketing, Camelot UK
- Freddie Fitz-Gibbon, senior marketing manager UK and EMEA, ClassPass
- Gemma Buggins, global head of brand, Elvie
- Joanna Tivers, head of food, KFC UK and Ireland
- Katie Langdon, founder and creative director, Skin and Blister Healthcare Communications
- Lawrence Tapper, director of commercial and marketing partnerships, Warner Media
- Lewis Ferrand, senior marketing manager, BT
- Lillie Price, business director, Mr President
- Max Hoppy, founder, Bind
- Naomi Walkland, vice president, EMEA marketing, Bumble
- Rabia Khan, marketing chapter lead, Direct Line Group
- Rowena Morris, sales and marketing director, PwC
- Ruchi Malhotra, experience platforms, senior manager, Accenture Interactive
- Ryan Davies, head of client strategy and planning, Medivet Group Limited
- Sahana Sekaran, director of marketing, Contentsquare
- Sanda Condratiuc, marketing and brand manager, Deukes LTD
- Sara Stark, marketing and creative director, Dishoom
- Tim Whirledge, head of strategy, McCann Manchester
- Vera Hartmuth, marketing director, Salesforce
- Will Grundy, head of planning, Adam&eveDDB